Accessibility Statement for FSN North America
FSN North America is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
FSN North America takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of FSN North America:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- The FSN North America website employs the UserWay widget, an accessibility widget that is powered by a dedicated accessibility server. The software allows FSN North America to improve its compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1). UserWay’s accessibility menu can be enabled by clicking the accessibility menu icon that appears on the corner of the page. After triggering the accessibility menu, please wait a moment for the accessibility menu to load in its entirety.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. FSN North America is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of FSN North America. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on FSN North America:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Twitter: @FSNNorthAmerica
We try to respond to feedback within 2 business days.
Accessibility of FSN North America relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of FSN North America, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for FSN North America:
- Videos: Videos may not have closed captioning or voice-over description. The videos we link to are made by outside creators for fan audiences, and thus we cannot ensure they include accessibility features.
- Forums: Text is small in the table on the main forum page. because This is part of a feature of the plugin used to generate forums.. We are seeking an effective and stable way to enlarge fonts.
- Forum Contrast: The colors used in text and backgrounds on the table in the main forum page have low contrast. because This is part of a feature of the plugin used to generate forums.. We are seeking an effective and stable way to enlarge fonts.
FSN North America assessed the accessibility of FSN North America by the following approaches:
- External evaluation
An evaluation report for FSN North America is available at: https://www.boia.org/a11yreports/?domref=fsn-northamerica.org.
This statement was created on 12 April 2019 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.