Los Angeles: Assistant Narrative Editor, Comics for Riot Games
The Narrative writers and Editors at Riot Games develop meaningful connections, context, and cohesion between player, character, and setting through a variety of storytelling channels. This might be in the background and in-game dialogue for Champions in League of Legends, foundational world-building that inspires other creative teams or deep, engaging fiction that players love getting lost in. With sequential art as our weapon of choice, our intense need for well-rounded characters, well-crafted plot, and well-paced dialogue guides everything we do. We constantly look for ways to collaborate with and mentor our fellow Rioters. After we’ve put away our keyboards and red pens, we can often be found reading our way out from under a stack of books, binge-watching the latest shows and movies, or role-playing our way to greatness on the table-top.
As an Assistant Narrative Editor for Comics, your experience as a professional editor will help you support initiatives that include dreaming up new characters, fleshing out stories, and imagining worlds. You'll work together with writers and other creatives who will help produce them and the passionate players who will bring them to life. Your ability to develop narrative extends across a range of media to generate excitement from seasoned storytelling professionals outside of gaming, such as those in the film and television, literature, or comics industries. Ultimately, it’s your love of gaming, real passion for comics, and highly-polished samples of published work that will position you to help players explore their own rare narratives through media, and you can’t wait to help us write the next chapter.
- Grow editorial craft by supporting Comics editor(s) in making sure assigned projects meet Riot standards of quality (including researching continuity/fact checking, giving character/story clarity and quality feedback, participating in art review)
- Provide administrative support and QA (including note-taking, schedule tracking, drafting documents such as reference lists and synopses, proofreading, reviewing files)
- Support Comics localization and publishing as needed (including asset collection, writing and editing promotional text, communicating with regional teams)
- Learn to make schedules, track and enforce deadlines, and prioritize competing concerns
- Begin to build trusting relationships with creatives and external partners
- Help facilitate cross-team communication, bringing any potential cross-product conflicts or alignment opportunities to the attention of team leads or Editor
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, English or a related field
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in writing, copy editing, and proofreading
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Passion for comics or graphic novels.
Job posting HERE