Welcome to the Fan Studies Network North America Forum. These pages are for registered users only. The views and opinions expressed here are strictly those of the individual participants and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Fan Studies Network North America. To post, select the appropriate topic, then click on “add topic” and post your message.
New York, NY: Project - Audience & Content Analyst - ESPN
The Audience & Content team utilizes all facets of media research (Nielsen, Adobe Analytics, etc) and primary research to inform and guide the company on how sports fandom and content are performing nationwide.
The role will be providing tracking and analysis on how particular content is performing throughout the year from a viewer, user and fan perspective across different platforms for different departments within ESPN, including the Programming, Production, Public Relations, and Marketing teams.
The Project - Audience & Content Analyst will be a naturally curious, thoughtful and creative thinker with a familiarity with syndicated media research. They will be detail-oriented, comfortable with database interfaces/software, and be able to analyze and manage large datasets. The individual will have a passion for understanding the sports fan and sports media landscape.
- The Project - Audience & Content Analyst will execute on each of the following functions:
- Provide details of the ESPN networks program schedules to Nielsen on a daily basis including the MNF over-the-air schedule for the upcoming pre-season and regular season.
- Create and distribute Preliminary TV audience emails to the company using Nielsen Arianna software.
- Participate in the collection, analysis and communication of audience data for ESPN’s digital media properties for the content assigned to them by utilizing Adobe Analytics and comScore.
- Pull streaming usage for all NCAA spring sports airing on TVE or ESPN+ in March-June 2019
- Track Copa America on ESPN+ - the exclusive English language broadcaster of the tournament.
- Compile, analyze, evaluate and interpret national and local TV audience viewership data by property for the ESPN networks as well as competitors.
- Track Copa America and Women’s World Cup audiences on competitor networks.
- Update audience tracks for F1, CFB, and NFL throughout the fall (local, national, streaming, out-of-home).
- Update audience tracks for NBA and College Basketball throughout the winter.
- Update audience tracks and report on preliminary audiences for SECN and ACCN (launching this fall) using comScore TV Essentials and Nielsen Arianna.
- Pull MNF over-the-air audiences and upload into the internal database for revenue management liability reporting.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 year of experience in media research and analytics including:
- Familiarity and/or experience with analyzing national or local Nielsen data using Nielsen National TV View, Nielsen National TV Toolbox, Arianna.
- Familiarity and/or experience with digital media research tools such as Adobe Analytics and comScore.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Possess excellent writing skills, ability to handle multiple tasks, and display strong attention to details. Must have basic mathematical ability.
- Collaborative nature and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Experience with software like SPSS, Nielsen, Adobe report builder, comScore.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in statistics, communications, market research, marketing, or related field preferred.