Welcome to the Fan Studies Network North America Forum. These pages are for registered users only. The views and opinions expressed here are strictly those of the individual participants and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Fan Studies Network North America. To post, select the appropriate topic, then click on “add topic” and post your message.
North Hollywood, CA: Unpaid Internship - Television Academy
The Television Academy located in North Hollywood, California is looking for an Unpaid Social Media Intern in its Marketing Department.
Mid-June to August/September - We strongly prefer interns that can stay through the end of September as the 71st Emmys will take place Sunday, September 22, 2019.
We seek a talented Social Media Intern who loves TV and wants to help us tell the world about it – someone who is obsessed with social media and wants to learn how to shape and build a brand across these platforms.
Our social strategy drives reach and engagement on Television Academy platforms as well as to other Academy and Foundation-related initiatives. This includes a heavy push during the summer Emmys season. You will get to work cross-functionally to leverage content on digital/social platforms. You’ll help engage our fan base and watch it grow to the climax of the awards broadcast!
Because the social media discipline encompasses writing, design, metrics, photography, filmmaking, and more, we are seeking interns with diverse backgrounds, interests, strengths, and academic focus.
Some weekends and evenings will be required as you will periodically staff red carpets and events.
What you’ll learn:
- How to sustain our branding and voice
- Honing a sense of good judgment and sound strategy
- Writing/designing content-focused posts that share:
- Emmy magazine content
- Content for/from Academy and Foundation related events
- Existing/new social content series
- Community Management
- Tap into your own TV fandom and excitement when researching news items for possible posts
- Copywriting skills
- Creative brainstorming
- Engaging with and creating content with talent
- Real-Time Marketing and Opportunities
- Social Media Reporting and Analytics
- How to thrive in fast-paced and collaborative environments
MUST be enrolled in an accredited college or university.
MUST be receiving college credit for internship work hours.
Will be required to provide written documentation of receiving college credit for all the internship hours.
- Excellent writing, proofreading, editorial, organization, time management, listening, and communication skills
- Self-motivation, with a collaborative/knowledge-seeking spirit
- Attention to detail
- Savviness and regular usage of key platforms Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and basics of Hootsuite Pro
- Usage and knowledge of hashtags
- Interest and some skill in design, photography, filmmaking
- Working knowledge and usage in secondary platforms Tumblr, Pinterest, YouTube
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Final Cut/Adobe Premiere
Job Type: Internship
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Los Angeles, CA (Preferred)
- United States (Required)