Welcome to the Fan Studies Network North America Forum. These pages are for registered users only. The views and opinions expressed here are strictly those of the individual participants and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Fan Studies Network North America. To post, select the appropriate topic, then click on “add topic” and post your message.
Salt Lake City, UT: Social Media Specialist - Santa Cruz Bicycles
The Social Media Specialist will be responsible for taking the lead in social media conversations around Santa Cruz Bicycles, Juliana Bicycles and Cervelo Cycles (our sister company) and supporting broader marketing efforts through social promotion, publishing, and engagement with a diverse and dedicated audience of riders.
This person has a deep understanding of cycling and culture and is more interested leading out from a brand perspective rather than chasing trends. The role requires a high level of adaptability, comfort in a fast-paced environment, superior judgment and interpersonal skills, and dedication to create positive interactions between the company, its business partners, retailers, customers and fans.
To achieve this, the Social Media Specialist should be well versed in a variety of responsibilities including multi-channel account administration, integrated brand and product promotion, one-on-one customer service with superior interpersonal communication skills, the ability to write clean and creative copy for mass communication, and have a high level of comfort independently managing and moderating community conversations as necessary.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Ensure that all new product introductions and ongoing brand, product, and team promotional campaigns go off without a hitch on key social media channels
- Execute daily on a multi-channel pre-developed social media marketing strategy—potentially across multiple bike brands and product categories
- Monitor and respond on social media channels daily and sometimes in real time
- Ensure that communication with the audience is true to the brand and maintains a sense of customer service
- Ensure complete, accurate, and updated social media profiles
- Develop, maintain, and deliver monthly reporting on the impact of social media activity and performance on key business metrics
- Interdepartmental and cross-brand planning and coordination
- Liaise with marketing managers, designers, photographers, and team managers and/or athletes directly to make timely updates to social properties
- Coordinate with Rider Support team to deliver exceptional pre- and post-sale technical support through social channels
- Support the CRM admin around Social and CRM platform integrations
- Liaise with IT team to fulfill technical, security, or integration needs
Experience and Requirements:
- 3-5 years experience in a lead social media management role; experience working closely with sports marketing teams is preferred
- Strong creative writing ability with a clear understanding of grammar, punctuation, tone and ability to self-edit
- Ability to maintain a work schedule that will flex beyond 9-5 to early mornings, nights, and weekends to accommodate team members in other time zones if needed
- Ability to maintain complex creative executions and communications using native channel tools or social media management platforms (Hootsuite, Sprout Social, etc.)
- Experience with project management tools such as Trello and Smartsheets, and using these tools to manage content
- Multiple years experience in a one-on-one customer service role a plus
- Proficiency in Photoshop; proficiency in other Creative Suite tools a plus
Why work here: For 25 years Santa Cruz Bicycles has tried to do things a bit differently. Our ultimate goal is to consistently build the best bicycles in the world, and have fun doing it, but there is a lot more to it than that.
We can offer you great benefits that include 100% paid health, dental and vision insurance, 401K matching, monthly employee events and major discounts on bikes and bike gear. Those parts come with the industry. We can offer you a relaxed working environment, local singletrack, and the opportunity to work with a group of bike enthusiasts in a great place to live. Those parts come with the territory.
But what we really want is what you have to offer us. We want to attract job seekers that are looking for a brand that they can be an integral part of, and not just "a company to work for". It's the individual personalities, and the raw enthusiasm for the brand that makes this place special, and that comes directly from the employees of Santa Cruz Bicycles.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend and explain documents in English. Effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, in English.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the overall duties and responsibilities of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the overall duties and responsibilities. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use of hands and fingers, handle, or feel, reach above head with hands and arms, lift, push, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl, pull, talk and hear. The employee must lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Vision may be corrected within normal range. The noise level in the work environment is quiet.