Welcome to the Fan Studies Network North America Forum. These pages are for registered users only. The views and opinions expressed here are strictly those of the individual participants and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Fan Studies Network North America. To post, select the appropriate topic, then click on “add topic” and post your message.
Washington, DC: Director, Digital Content & Social Media - Motion Picture Association of America
Under the direction of the Vice President, Global Digital Communications the Director of Digital Content & Social Media will be responsible for managing MPAA’s social media platforms, including producing dynamic and engaging content, identifying trends, and monitoring activity. This position will provide support and insights to the communications team, The Credits team, and the global regions as needed.
- Responsible for the production of digital content for organization’s social media platforms.
- Manage MPAA social media platforms. Activity includes drafting and scheduling content, monitoring for mentions, identifying opportunities for engagement, updating follower lists, and keeping up with social media trends.
- Produce a variety of MPAA content including videos, infographics, and other creative executions for MPAA's online properties, advocacy programs, and research products.
- Plan and lead video-focused projects to create compelling content for all digital platforms, including pre-production, production and post-production responsibilities.
- Manage social media and editorial calendar for MPAA social media properties.
- Repurpose existing content and find opportunities for new content.
- Help identify opportunities for content optimization and resurfacing for The Credits.
- Update MPAA websites and other digital properties with press releases, news articles, photos/videos, and other relevant and timely content.
- Support MPAA email program with writing and implementation as needed.
- Create and maintain an accessible and organized library of MPAA digital content, including but not limited to videos, graphics, evergreen messaging, campaign plans and reports.
- Attend, manage, and oversee film shoots, recording sessions, interviews, and other content production opportunities.
- Help ensure video and social media content meets quality and brand standards and is compelling to our audiences. Be results-driven and proactive in the application of innovative and creative approaches to drive engagement and conversions.
- Have a strong knowledge of social media and content trends, and emerging technologies and platforms. Have a working knowledge of digital and social media metrics.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong background in video production and editing and have a strong focus on storytelling.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- 3 years of experience creating compelling digital content
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Digital Communications, Publishing, or Content Production.
- Experience with social media community management required
- Excellent written skills required
- Experience with video editing required
- Design knowledge strongly preferred
- Extensive experience handling multiple projects from ideation to final delivery
- Proficiency with camera equipment ranging from professional to personal mobile devices
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects